Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Party Games!

[Pinned] How to Host a Party Game: Please Read!

It's Time to Party!This new sub-forum will be our new gathering place for talking about party games. We have a number of exciting party games that we run at our weekly kin parties. I have now copied in instructional guides for how to run each of...
Small Rozalinde Fairholm 3y
Rozalinde Fairholm71226Small Sageflower 2y
Party Games!

I Have A Cunning Plan

This is a team game that takes a little longer than most to play, but not too much longer. It works best if nearly everyone participates. See the first game below for an idea of how it might play out.0. Pre-Game PreparationThe moderator will creat...
Small Sageflower 1y
Sageflower2508Small Sageflower 1y
Party Games!

Tolkien Or Not

This game becomes a little inevitably OOC, since for our hobbit characters, Tolkien's not a real person, and we don't know we live in a book. But that's okay, people don't mind. Just might want to mention it at the start, to give people permission...
Small Sageflower 1y
Sageflower2349Small Mugwumper 1y
Party Games!

Sharkey Says

The basic idea of the game is the same as Simon Says: you're going to call out something for people to do (that is, an emote!), and the people who do it fastest advance in the game. Specifically, you usually will do five rounds, and whoever is fir...
Small Sageflower 1y
Sageflower0159Small Sageflower 1y
Party Games!

Twenty Questions

Everyone knows how to play this one, right? You're going to pick some object, usually a singular and unique one (so, rather than picking 'a ring' which could be any ring, you'd pick 'The One Ring'... okay, maybe don't pick that), and then people a...
Small Sageflower 1y
Sageflower0231Small Sageflower 1y
Party Games!

Fashion Contest

Every so often, pick a theme and announce a fashion contest to happen the following week. It can be tricky to find a moment when people are listening enough to announce it, so it might take a few tries.The limits in what we can dress up as in LOTR...
Small Sageflower 2y
Sageflower2444Small Sageflower 1y
Party Games!

Bad Joke Contest

Bad Joke ContestThere was a butcher shop in Bree run by a man and a hobbit. One day, the man bet the hobbit fifty silver he couldn't reach the meat on the top shelf.The hobbit turned down the bet, because the steaks were too high.Difficulty: Moder...
Rozalinde Fairholm2523Small Sageflower 1y
Party Games!

Circle Tag

The trickiest part about this game is that, if you're running it, you need to be able to type very fast, and focus your full attention on it. So don't jump into it unless you're ready for that! Otherwise, it's a crowd-pleaser and a good one to end...
Small Sageflower 1y
Sageflower0120Small Sageflower 1y
Party Games!

Captain of the Ship, and Bullroarer's Party

These two games are almost identical, so I'll include them in the same post. In both cases, you make up a rule about what kinds of objects are, or aren't, acceptable, and people get to try to guess the rule.Captain of the ShipWe're going to take a...
Small Sageflower 1y
Sageflower0150Small Sageflower 1y
1 2 3
Party Games!

Word by Word

This thread got started to post the stories, but I want to also make it be where the rules are, so I'm editing this first post to include the rules and then have the first story farther down.- SageflowerThis is a game of cooperative storytelling, ...
Rozalinde Fairholm528327Small Sageflower 1y
Party Games!

Mad Libs

I'm taking over this first post to make it be the instructions for the game, so even though you see Rozalinde's name on it, this is me writing.- SageflowerMad Libs is perhaps the party game that takes the most preparation, and is also fairly arduo...
Small Rozalinde Fairholm 2y
Rozalinde Fairholm112346Small Sageflower 2y
Sageflower2312Small Rozalinde Fairholm 2y
Party Games!

Party Game Concept: Mushroom Thiefs!

Mushroom Thiefs! The Rules(Borrowed and modified from http://www.eblong.com/zarf/werewolf.html)The Game in a Nut-shellThere’s a crime spree of stolen crops in the Shire! Farmers are trying to figure out who's a Mushroom Thief; the Mushroom Thiefs ...
Small Galiodoc Dwimmerburrow 3y
Galiodoc Dwimmerburrow2446Small Rozalinde Fairholm 3y
Party Games!

Party Game: Musical Chairs

Musical ChairsWicked! Tricksy! False! I'm talking about the chairs in the Bird and Baby, by the way. Not about hobbitses.Difficulty: BasicRequires a helper?: YesPrizes required: OneAdditional supplies: Your helper will need a musical instrumen...
Rozalinde Fairholm1362Small Rozalinde Fairholm 3y
Party Games!

Party Game: Red Hat / Green Hat

Red Hat / Green HatTourmalien should love this game... it's all about hats!Difficulty: ModerateRequires a helper?: YesPrizes required: OneAdditional supplies: A hat dyed Red and a hat dyed Green. Hints: Put your hats in your Quickslots, so you ca...
Rozalinde Fairholm1453Small Rozalinde Fairholm 3y
Party Games!

Party Game: Hide-a-Hobbit

Hide-a-Hobbit"I suppose hobbits need some description nowadays, since they have become rare and shy of the Big People, as they call us... There is little or no magic about them, except the ordinary everyday sort which helps them to disappear quiet...
Rozalinde Fairholm1404Small Rozalinde Fairholm 3y
Party Games!

Party Game: Hot Tater

Hot TaterWhat's taters, precious?Difficulty: BasicRequires a helper?: YesPrizes required: OneAdditional supplies: A stack of Taters. (Taters, Golden Shire Taters, and Royal Taters are all usable. All are available from Farming.) Your helper wil...
Rozalinde Fairholm1405Small Rozalinde Fairholm 3y
Party Games!

Party Game: Drunken Backwards Racing

Drunken Backwards RacePlease, no drunkards fall into the pond this time. I'm tired of fishing you out!Difficulty: AdvancedRequires a helper?: YesPrizes required: 3 total for first, second, and third place finishers (but more can be added)Addition...
Rozalinde Fairholm1497Small Rozalinde Fairholm 3y
Page 1